Monday 3 December 2012

Sorrel Leaf

So busy at the moment!  Not enough time to tat!  

But still wanted to make quick post
as I don't like to leave my blog "unattended" for too long...

I was a lucky recipient of Jess's first try at a Sorrel colour way - I think the batch that ended up in the shop is quite a bit darker than this (and more green? and more purple?).  So just a quick leaf I tatted tonight.  The leaf is the one from Nancy Tracy's Tatted Cherries which I did a short while ago.  Not my best tatting...  but I mostly wanted to see how the thread tatted up.  There's so many things to do at this time of year...  I'm sure you all feel the same!  I'm starting to look forward to "after Christmas" when we can all relax... and tat!  I have many other beautiful HDTs I've not had time to wind and try, so I'm looking forward to those too.


The colours make me think of rhubarb...




I'm also still working on a pattern for this.
I'm thinking of putting both versions on the same pattern.


Anyone for a test-tat, maybe?  I know everyone's busy (it's the wrong time of year to ask this) so please only offer if you think you have time and can tat it quite quickly...  I know, I'm sorry, I'm a hard taskmaster!

I hope to have the pattern ready tomorrow.  I would particularly like to know if the photos I took to explain the one-stitch SCMR are good enough.

I said to Miranda in the last post that I'd show you what it looked like without the long picots pinned into a pointy shape so that's the picture above.  I like it like that too, in its "natural state".  


Best wishes,

15 comments:

  1. Yes, the flake is gorgeous this way, too. I think I like them both equally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty thread! I love the snowflake, but I think I'd better pass on asking to test tat... too many Christmas presents to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to test tat! May I please? I could do it tomorrow evening (for me) would that be quickly enough?

    That colorway looks just like rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly can - with pleasure! On its way now.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful butterfly, leaf, and snowflake!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to test tat the snowflake. I can do it tomorrow 12/4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret, thank you but there is no email linked to your blogger account - let me know how I can contact you.

      Delete
  6. I'd like to test tat the snowflake too, if you still need test tatters. I should be able to do it fairly quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the leaf, and yes, the thread colorway does look like rhubarb, but sorel works too.

    I would love to test tat, and I like your patterns, unfortunately, too many other projects in the works right now. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the snowflake! If I were a better tatter, had the ability to follow direction or if I weren't trying to study for finals, I would offer to test tat.
    I love all your patterns and can't wait to see this one when it becomes available. I'm sure your explanation will be superb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your leaf and yes I did think of rhubarb.
    Sorry I don't think I have time to test tat, I have a craft fair on Saturday and another one the following Wednesday, another time when it's not so near to Christmas.
    I do love the pattern look forward to when it's available
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cela me fait penser effectivement à la rhubarbe!!! Si vous voulez vous pouvez me contacter pour tester vos modèles ce serait avec un grand plaisir!!! J'aime beaucoup vos flocons!!
    Si je peux me permettre...
    Amitiés

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much! I've got all test-tatters now. Hope they don't find too much wrong with the pattern. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both versions would be great.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!